QA/Pharmacy Law Online Course
This course can be used for reciprocity into North Carolina or for those who want an update on Pharmacy Law and Quality Assurance. Pharmacist Online Refresher Course. This course is designed for pharmacists who wish to return to community pharmacy practice after an absence from practice for three or more years.
This two week course is meant to give home study law credit to any pharmacist wanting to learn about quality assurance strategies and North Carolina pharmacy laws. This course can be used for reciprocity into North Carolina or for those who want an update on Pharmacy Law and Quality Assurance. Students must complete the two week course schedule by logging on any time during the day- there are no set hours. Online discussion boards and instructor monitoring and interaction keep you on track throughout the course. Tests and quizzes track your progress (you must receive a 70% or higher to pass this course and get credit).
Cost: $250 for NCAP Members. $300 for Non-Members. Register below. This course is accredited by ACPE for 15 hours of home study law education. Partial credit will not be awarded. You must finish the course in the two weeks allowed during the month you started.Upon completion the student will be able to:
• Explain all laws pertaining to prescription processing of non-controlled and controlled substances and the recordkeeping of those substances.
• Compare laws pertaining to pharmacists' supervision of interns, technicians and temporary pharmacists.
• Identify the duties and limitations of the technicians.
• Explain the ethics of filling prescriptions and confidentiality with regard to HIPAA
• Explain the requirements of OBRA and who is allowed to counsel or make the offer to counsel.
• Explain the definition of a prescription error and the types of prescription errors.
• Identify examples of sound-alike / look-alike drugs, confirmation bias and other issues impacting error prevention.
• Explain the FDA and USP Medwatch Error Reports.
• Identify ways of handling a prescription error.
• Develop a quality assurance program for error prevention and reporting.
Course Starts: Register By:
January 09 January 04
February 06 February 01
March 06 March 01
April 03 March 29
May 08 May 03
June 12 June 07
July 03 June 28
August 07 August 02
September 04 August 30
October 02 September 27
November 06 November 01
December 04 November 29
Please check your email on the day the course is due to begin. You will receive an email message from Charter Oak College with instructions on how to get started.