North Carolina Immunization Coalition
The N.C. Immunization Branch is a member of North Carolina Immunization Coalition (NCIC), which includes representatives from various organizations including:
- Child advocate organizations
- Health insurance companies
- Local health departments
- Minority advocate organizations
- The North Carolina Division of Public Health
- North Carolina programs related to health and aging
- Medical professionals associations
- Physicians and health care providers in private practice
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Senior advocate organizations
- To promote the sharing of evidence-based information about immunizations.
- To educate North Carolinians about vaccine use and the impact of vaccine-preventable diseases.
- To enhance current awareness of, and accurate knowledge about, immunizations among health care workers, caregivers and service providers.
- To develop and maintain partnerships in order to facilitate networking, sharing of ideas, and pooling of resources.
- To monitor and report national and state trends on immunization activity.
- To inform about policy issues related to vaccine-preventable diseases.
Monday, March 6, 2017 Click here to print program
- Time: 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Location: WakeMed Cary Hospital 1900 Kildaire Farm Road, Cary, NC 27518(919) 350-2300
Thursday, August 10, 2017
Thursday, November 9, 2017
Presentations from Past Meetings
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
- Flu-FIT presented by Liz Baker BS, CHES
- HPV and Cervical Cancer presented by Brittney Sala, B.S., MPHN Candidate (PPT, 3.91 MB)
- Influenza and VPD Updates presented by Justin Albertson, MS and Susan Sullivan, MS, RN-BC (PPT, 689 KB)
- Henderson County Immunization Coalition presented by Kristina Henderson RN and Justina Hall RN, BSN (PPT, 7.58 MB)
- Pneumoccocal Vaccines - All You Wanted to Know presented by Dr. Thomas Koinis (PPT, 3.63 MB)
- Zika Virus presented by Susan Sullivan, MS, RN-BC (PPT, 1.48 MB)
- Schools and Vaccine Requirements presented by Ann Nichols, RN, MSN, NCSN and Amanda Bakovic, B.Sc. (PPT, 11.95 MB)
Adult Immunization Standards
The National Vaccine Advisory Committee revised the Standards for Adult Immunization Practice in 2013. Review these new standards and get resources to help implement the standards in order to ensure your adult patients are fully immunized.